Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Love My Job!

Today I returned to the classroom after two days of leadership meetings with HMS staff. Upon returning to one's classroom, there is much fear in the mind of what you may find. So many things can occur when a teacher is out of their room, and middle schoolers are notorious for testing boundaries. Looking over my susbstitute's notes, I was pleased to see that she noted a positive experience and only 4 "persons of interest" were recorded, a strong feat for two days and 78 students! Still, knowing it's crucial to support my subs, I knew I would need to address any issues that occurred in the time I was gone. From the time the beginning bell rang, until the last bell of the day, my students, your children, reminded me how lucky I am to be in a job that I love so very much. They welcomed me back and were excited to get back on the path of our learning. The 4 students previously mentioned graciously accepted responsibility for their actions and accepted their consequence of writing apology letters with no argument. People so often question why on earth I would CHOOSE to work with this age group, personally, I think I'm the lucky one. This group of children I am blessed to work with this year have such amazing hearts and minds and I feel so lucky that I get to help them shape their future's. Today I once again realized what a wonderful community we live in, and what an awesome job you all have done with your children. I am honored to be part of the village who continues to raise the children of Prosser.

1 comment:

Lolli said...

Hello Mrs. Walker and classes! I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Upon returning from the training I had the opportunity to visit briefly with the substitute in my room. He had a fantastic two days and mentioned what "great students I get to spend my days with". We truly are lucky to be surrounded by such neat young people on a daily basis. Way to go H.M.S. students. You make us proud! Now...get back to work!

That which I am thankful for...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed