Thursday, November 13, 2008

Phoenix International Raceway

My husband has raced stock cars locally for most of his life. Racing is a passion in my family that at one time I thought I didn't inherit, but have come to love! Scott surprised me with tickets to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series races in Phoenix, AZ. Our wonderful friend Becky got us garage passes which meant that we were able to mingle amongst the NASCAR elite, and I could see my favorite driver Carl Edwards up close and personal. Amazingly, when we went up to our grandstand seats we looked down a few rows and saw our Prosser neighbor, Jeff Hall with his good buddies. It's such a small world isn't it?
Standing on pit row during Nationwide Qualifying

This is the opening of the tunnel that goes underneath the racetrack and into the pits.
Phoenix International Raceway!
And... Carl Edwards won--the Nationwide race anyway! This was in the winner's circle after his famous backflip.
Thank you Becky, you are such an amazing friend!!!

1 comment:

Becky ♥ said...

Aww, your welcome :) It looks like you guys had a great time and I'm glad you did. The only bad thing about having garage passes is, now you will want them every time you go to a big race because sitting in the stands just doesn't cut it :)

That which I am thankful for...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed